RUDDER & PROPELLER SUPERVISOR -MECHANICAL
Triangle Shipyard is looking for candidates for the position of Rudder and Propeller Supervisor
“Mechanical”. Marine Mechanical Field engineer specialist in propulsion system (CPP , Pow thruster , azimuth thruster .
who will undertake the responsibility of organizing and directly supervising the
activities of Rudder and Propeller Section personnel on board vessels and workshop to ensure
cost effective repairs are in accordance with the customers’ specification and to acceptable working practices.
- Receives information from Rudder & Propeller Work Preparator and prepares work schedules and labor requirements to meet intended workload.
- Assists Rudder and Propeller Section Head in the preparation of programs.
- Assists Rudder and Propeller Work Preparator with initial identification of work,
- Closely supervises and assists with technical advice to those Rudder and Propeller Fitters / Riggers allocated to his vessel.
- Notifies Ship Repair Coordinator when attendance of Class Surveyor is required, attends Class inspections and assists as required.
- Advises Rudder & Propeller Work Preparator of additional work as it arises.
- Liaises with other trade Supervisors on co-ordination of inter trade involvement and to schedule completion of repairs.
- Passes all calibration reports to Quality Control Engineer.
- Writes turnover report between shifts.
- Prepares an incident/accident report/statement if required.
- Maintains a tight discipline of those personnel under his supervision.
- Maintains / implements Company’s Safety procedures.
- Ensures tools and equipment’s are regularly maintained.
- On request Attends daily on-board progress meetings.
- Records defects arising during repair & hands over to Rudder & Propeller Section Head
- for corrective action evaluations. Reports regularly to Rudder and Propeller Section Head on progress/problems.
- Ensures all work done is to an acceptable standard and within the Company’s Quality Control procedures.
- Discusses any possible problems with Owners Representative / Ship Repair Coordinator.
Desired Education & Experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working as a Rudder and Propeller Fitter or Five years as a Foreman / Supervisor in a Ship Repair Establishment.
- Planning & organizing the work
- Self-motivated & Hardworking
- Ability to deal with people at all levels
- Time managed.
- Excellent command in English language (written & spoken).
- Independent correspondence ability.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Good knowledge in Computer applications.
- Teamwork. & Leadership Skills.
- Age not more 40 years old.